Monday, February 15, 2010

MIRACLES


I have learnt an important lesson over the past few days. When you want something to happen and you are pushing and going against the grain, nothing comes your way.

When you release expectation and get into the flow, miracles can happen. You may not even realize it as a miracle, depending on what your perceptions are of miracles.

Miracles can be those amazing situations where through all adversity a positive outcome so amazing happens, which leads you to believe it can only be created by God.

Miracles happen all the time and we pass them by as just a coincidence, or imagination because they are not big or amazing enough to be classed as a miracle.

Notice the miracles around you, start with the dawning of a new day and the sunset at the end of the day. The snow drops, the dew, the wind and the rain. Why do we not see these as miracles?

When my mood dips and I feel alone I do not notice what is around me. The snow is a nuisance, the rain is just wet and the wind messes my hair. I don't care much for the sunrise, other than it is another day dawning full of the same problems. I gladly wait for the sunset as it signals the end of another 'terrible' day.

Amongst all this low feelings something happens. You may not notice it at first, because you are so wrapped up in feeling terrible. Then out of the blue, you receive the e-mail you were waiting for or a friend or even someone on T.V. says something that pulls at your heart strings which stirs something wonderful inside.

You may not correlate the feeling with what was said at first, your friend may not have been consciously aware of it either, but what has just happened is a miracle. A moment in time when you feel connected and not alone.

Of course, this may not be enough to get you out of your low mood, but it may help you to notice all the other miracles around you. You may notice the hues of the sunrise, the beauty of each snowflake, the freshness of the wind.

Miracles are normal occurrences, just because we don't notice them doesn't mean they are not happening!

(This post is found on my blog angelguided)

10 comments:

Marcie J said...

reminds me of Sara McLaughlin's song (at the Olympic's opening ceremony) "Just an ordinary Miracle" - seems like you and Sara have a common understanding !

peace,
Marcella

CHRISTINA said...

Thanks Marecella, I don't remember the song, I will have to listen to it as I believe every lead is a miracle waiting to be recieved. :)

Katherine Jenkins said...

Dawn-
I can't even begin to tell you what miracles are starting to happen...it's not just for me, it's for everyone who is tuned in and opened. I don't mean striving for results-I mean putting it out there-our true authentic self-and letting nature take it's course. You'll have to read my blog post, after I write it ^-^, about the serendipitous moment I had..an unexpected conversation with someone who is clearing the path ahead of me..the very one I plan to tread. I am so in awe of you and all the writers here. I feel we have such a strong force in the world!

CHRISTINA said...

Yes we do have a strong force in the world. I just wish that everyone could feel it. But unfortunately we can only shine our light and hope it is 'seen'. I feel so blessed to have found so many like-minded people, even if it is through cyber space!

Heather Conroy said...

I am getting the message that we need to create space to allow in the catalysts for change and growth. Low moods give us the opportunity for turning inwards for self reflection, but we need others to lift us up.

Beth Chapman said...

And so your writing becomes itself the miracle needed for others. Thank you.

Marla said...

So true....every day is filled with miracles. We just need to be willing to see them.

Good post

CHRISTINA said...

Heather, I agree we do need others to lift us up. When we feel really low we may not notice the miracles they may be offering. If we see every interaction as a miracle waiting to happen, maybe we can accept the gift been offered :)

Thank you Beth, a miracle is to be shared :)

Marla, so right, miracles are natural occurances, they are our birthright :)

Sai Ganesh Nagpal said...

So true - we're waiting for something "grand" or "spectacular" to happen, before we can say that a miracle has touched our lives. If only we knew that every morning since the day we were born, we've been witnessing one of God's grandest miracles ever - the sunrise! Lovely message in your post. Thanks!

CHRISTINA said...

thank you Sai :)