Sunday, January 31, 2010

Introducing Deb...

Hi everyone! It is great to be here and I would like to sincerely thank Kathy for making room for one more Aussie blogger!

My name is Deb Holmes and I, like all of you here, love to write. One of my dreams is to be a published author of children's books. Having worked as a teacher for 9 of the last 11 years, I found that the time and head space needed to develop this dream were sorely lacking. However, last year I started blogging. It, too, was something I was going to "put off" until I had more time but I bit the bullet and have embraced the blogging world with open arms. I feel I am still finding my feet in a way but I do really love it and I find that blogging is a good way to express myself as well as improve my craft. There is also a hope that my writing will encourage or inspire my readers. Perhaps something I say will strike a chord or resonate with what someone may be facing at a given point in time. I don't believe we are put on this earth to be solo flyers... I believe that we should encourage and build one another up with our words, actions (and text!).

My husband and I have just relocated to a new state and I have finished up teaching. This new season of my life (and having more time) will hopefully be the catalyst for a number of new and exciting things in my life, not the least of which is writing. Watch this space!

Some other things you should know about me... I am a very passionate person and don't like to do things in halves. I am a committed Christian. I have been married for almost 7 years and love my husband to bits... he is my best friend and I love sharing life with him. I am a dog-lover and have 2 adorable pooches of my own that are currently all I have in the way of children. :)

I think I'll keep it pretty short for now... If you want to find out more, you can check out my blog 'write minded...'

See you soon...

4 comments:

Marcie J said...

nice blog ! Welcome to our little writers cooperataive Deb - and enjoy your new little nest!

~m

Beth Chapman said...

Deb wonderful to join with you in the flock. So true about trying to fly solo. I enjoyed your killer hill. Take a deep breath and give one of the kids a good belly rub, the journey to a new hill has just begun!

Katherine Jenkins said...

Hi Deb,
Welcome to our growing group. It is good to have support in writing. This is an excellent group to help you with that. Looking forward to your posts!

Heather Conroy said...

Hi Deb! I'm feeling your excitement about starting afresh-Enjoy!