Monday, September 27, 2010

Unrequited Love

I spent the day with Jesse today. He is such a wonderful man. I feel quite lucky to have found him in my life. It never fails when we are together, he always wants to hold my hand, tell me how lovely I am and that he wishes he could marry someone just like me. He always adds he knows I am married and would never want to disrespect my husband however, I am pretty sure he is flirting with me. It’s the way he looks at me, laughs at all my jokes and wants to walk arm in arm everywhere we go. Then there are the things he says to me.


“You are one of the nicest women I have ever met.”


“Thank you, Jesse!”


“I really mean it. I so enjoy spending the day with you. You always make me feel like I really matter to you.”


“You really do matter to me, Jesse.”


“Well, I appreciate that. I’d marry you if you weren’t already married.”


“Well, Jesse, I don’t think Bob would like me marrying somebody else but thanks for thinking of me.”


“Don’t worry. I will always behave like a gentleman when we’re together. By the looks of your arms, I think you could deck me.”

“Um……thank you?”

“Besides, I’m ninety-three years old. How much trouble could I really cause you?”

“Well, Jesse, I have a funny feeling if left to your own devices, you could cause more trouble than anyone could imagine. I’m just saying….”

There May Be Snow on The Roof
But There's Still Fire in The Furnace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the metaphor that you've used in the last lines!

Marla said...

Thanks for liking any of it! :-)

Myrna R. said...

Very cute post. I wondered who Jesse was and why you played along with the flirting. Jesse sounds like he certainly could cause more trouble than anyone can imagine. He's lucky to flirt with you.