Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Time

Time is slipping away from me

Today

Like the sand in my hand

The water from a broken dam

Tears of grief

time

I can't hold on to it

No matter how hard I try

It's slipping like an ice cube

An oiled burglar

A slurpy noodle

A skier gone astray

A foot on a banana peel

A fish out of water

A ghost through the door

Time is slipping away from me

Today

And I don't know

What to do

I'm pushing on the brake pedals

And searching for a pause button

But time is

Slipping away

From me

Today.

Also posted on my blog.

4 comments:

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Yes, slippery time, Mansi, and all the while missing the richness of the moment while reaching forward. I think we all need a pause button, mine in meditation. Thanks for sharing.

zz said...

I know this feeling. Pause buttons are everywhere if you know what to look for - an alone moment at the beach, a cuddle, a long conversation, fall out of your chair laughter, a good book...

steveroni said...

As time slips away...I am learning to enjoy with JOY every hour, minute...every second. More and more.

I had to come over to see WHO is following me--and it is YOU! thank you, and I'll be BACH (punch-line in a musical joke)

PEACE

Hope you are doing OK. I'll go back and learn more about you.
Steve

玄王季玄王季玄王季 said...

Say not all that you know, believe not all that you hear.............................................................